The educational program Pedagogical Studies of Special Education for qualified teachers, educators, teachers of vocational training and practical teaching prepares generally pedagogically educated workers (universities, high schools + CPS) for direct work with children with various forms, types and extent of disabilities.
The study is intended for pedagogical staff of primary and secondary schools who encounter special pedagogical issues in their work. The study is adapted to the Czech legal environment.
Total number of hours: 250 teaching hours, of which 22 internships
- Selected chapters from pedagogy and didactics
- Integrative special pedagogy
- Legal framework of education of children, pupils and students with special educational needs in the Czech Republic
- Specific learning disabilities
- Diagnostics in special education
- Inclusive didactics
- Consultations for the final thesis
The educational program is designed for graduates of:
- accredited master’s degree programs in pedagogy,
- accredited master’s degree programs of non-teaching specialization, who at least completed studies in the field of pedagogical sciences according to § 2 of Decree No. 317/2005 Coll., On further education of pedagogical staff, accreditation commission and career system of pedagogical staff, or in the case of teachers of vocational subjects or educators, also the study of pedagogy according to § 3 of Decree No. 317/2005 Coll.,
- secondary school study fields of pedagogical focus.
Graduates of this educational program will acquire the ability to perform direct pedagogical activities in a class or school established for pupils with special educational needs in accordance with § 7 para. C); § 8 paragraph 2 letter d); § 9 par. 7 let. and); § 15; § 16 par. 2 let. c) of Act No. 563/2004 Coll., On pedagogical staff and on the amendment of certain acts, as amended.
Benefits of study
- acquisition of new process knowledge and skills,
- use of case studies in teaching and practical knowledge from practice,
- weekend tuition (does not extend to the working week),
- tuition fees can be paid by the employer under DVPP (=Further Education of Pedagogical Staff).
Mgr. Karel Zerzáň
Course of study
- filling in the online application + attachments to the application (curriculum vitae, certified proof of education),
- classes are held in person twice a month at the weekends,
- the study is completed by a final exam in key subjects and the defence of the final thesis, upon successful completion of the study,
- the graduate will receive a certificate.