The Cynologist educational program provides insight into the issue of breeding and training dogs and general principles of working with them.
The study allows students to gain specific theoretical and practical knowledge of all aspects of dog breeding and their use. During the study the student will gain knowledge in the field of cynology with a focus on dog biology, including nutrition, health and genetics with application to the techniques of breeding, reproduction and race breeding. Part of the subjects is devoted to the use of dogs on the work (hunting, police, army) and sports level with practical examples.
Total number of hours: 120 hours of direct instruction
- Management skills
- Basics of ethics in animal breeding
- Morphology and physiology of dogs
- Ethology and behavioural disorders of dogs
- Zootechnics, race breeding
- Diseases and first aid of dogs
- Methodology of dog training
- Final project methodical seminar
The program is implemented within lifelong learning programs and is intended primarily for high school graduates with a high school diploma. The aim is the active development of their knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of managerial skills, psychology, morphology, physiology, ethology, zootechnics and methodology of dog training.
After completing the study, the graduate is ready to apply the acquired knowledge in favour of their independent breeding and business activities in the field of breeding and training of dogs.
Course o study
- Completing an online application form with a certified proof of education attached
- Teaching takes place in person at the weekends,
- The study is completed by a final exam in three examination areas and the defence of the final thesis
- Upon successful completion of the study, the graduate will receive a certificate of completion of the lifelong learning program in accordance with Section 60 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., On Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments to Other Acts, as amended.