The educational program Canis Assistant also provides applicants with a comprehensive insight into the use of positive interaction, which occurs in contact between humans and animals, the general laws of working with applicants for this service with respect to their potential disadvantages and carers. The study is designed to provide modern knowledge and practical competencies that graduates will apply in their canis therapy work.
Total number of hours: 120 hours of direct instruction
- Management skills
- Pedagogy and special pedagogy basics
- Intervention options
- Ethics in animal breeding basics
- Use of animals in zoo rehabilitation
- Morphology and physiology of dogs
- Ethology of dogs
- Final thesis methodological seminar
The Canis Assistant training program is implemented within lifelong learning programs and is intended primarily for high school graduates with a high school diploma. The aim is the active development of their knowledge, skills and competencies in the field of managerial skills, psychology, pedagogy and special pedagogy, morphology and physiology of dogs, ethology of dogs and zoo rehabilitation.
After completing the study, the graduate is ready to apply the acquired knowledge for the benefit of his employer from the private, non-profit and public sector or as part of independent activities in the field of social services, education or health care.
Course of study
- filling in the online application + attachments to the application (curriculum vitae, certified proof of education),
- Teaching takes place in person at the weekends,
- The study is completed by a final exam in three examination areas and the defence of the final thesis
- Upon successful completion of the study, the graduate will receive a certificate of completion of the lifelong learning program in accordance with Section 60 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., On Higher Education Institutions and on Amendments to Other Acts, as amended.